Make An Appointment
You can explore all of our study abroad opportunities by clicking "Find a Program" or by clicking on the type of program that interests you in the main menu on the left-hand side of this site.
Make an Appointment:
Once you have found the perfect program, you will need to apply, but before you do, we recommend emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a study abroad advising appointment.
If you know who you want to make an appointment with, you can follow the links below to be directed to their scheduling page and please fill out this Pre-Advising Survey prior to your appointment:
Peer Advisor - NOT AVAILABLE IN THE SUMMER
We have two peer advisors in the Office of Global Education. Papa Guerrero is a sophomore at Mercer studying Philosophy and French. He participated in the Philosophy and Art in Greece program and hopes to attend more programs in the future! Papa has been to Greece and Mexico. Michael is a junior Sociology and Communications major and studied abroad in London last summer! He also plans to participate in more programs. He has traveled to 10 countries including Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, England, France, Italy, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.
Johna is the Global Education Programs Coordinator for the Office of International Programs. Schedule an appointment with her if you have questions about exchange and affiliate programs, scholarships, or the Peace Corps Prep program. Johna is an international exchange alumna as well as a Fulbright, Gilman and Global Leader Scholar, and she also participated in Mercer on Mission and the Peace Corps Prep Program. She has traveled to South Africa, the Bahamas, Germany, Austria, Sweden, England, Wales, Mexico, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Turkey, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Hungary, Slovakia and France.
Emily is the Assistant Director of Global Education. Schedule an appointment with her if you have questions about faculty-led programs as well as scholarships, including the Gilman scholarship. She has traveled to Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, France, the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Canada, Mexico, and the Bahamas.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Summer Programs - February 15th
Fall Exchange Programs - March 15th
Spring Break Faculty-Led Programs - October 15th
Spring Exchange Programs - September 30th
*Some application deadlines vary according to program. Please double check your program of interest to verify the application deadline.
If you need extra time completing an application, or you have missed the deadline, please email the study abroad office to inquire about an extension.
If you are ready to apply, please follow the directions below.
- To apply for a study abroad program, simply click the “apply now” button on the page of your desired program to begin an application.
- You will then have to select the term you are interested in and complete a few questionnaires, virtually sign a few documents, and watch a safety orientation video. Please note that to virtually sign your documents, you will need to email a copy of your driver's license or passport to email@example.com.
- The Study Abroad Office will review your application and accept or not accept you depending on your academic/disciplinary record and program availability.
- Once you have been accepted, you will need to pay the $75 study abroad fee to the Bursar’s Office (for faculty-led programs, this is already included in the overall program fee). You can do this through your MyMercer account.
- You will also need to complete a few more questionnaires, review a health and safety PowerPoint, and, depending on your program, complete a course approval form and an external application to a foreign university or third-party provider.
- Following your acceptance and completion of all required materials, you will have to decide to decline or commit to your program. If you change your mind, you may decline after acceptance. You will not, however, be reimbursed for the $75 study abroad fee. If you choose to commit, you are responsible for all program deposits and fees. Please do not start paying program deposits and fees until you fully commit to a program. ONCE YOU HAVE COMMITTED TO A PROGRAM, NO PAYMENTS ARE REFUNDABLE.